Bongani Ncube (1)

Man resurrects, narrates ordeal

Nhlalwenhle Ncube
WHAT happens in the world of the dead remains a mystery, but one man from Mawabeni who died and “resurrected” the following day shocked mourners when he claimed that he was chased from that world by his wife who died some years ago.

Bongani Ncube (ABOVE) claimed that his dead wife only identified as MaNdlela chased him from the land of the dead ordering him to take his ancestral regalia to her parents before joining her in the spiritual world.

It is alleged MaNdlela was a spirit medium.

Villagers from Sibambene village in Mawabeni area in Esigodini in Matabeleland South were left speechless when Ncube’s burial was called off after his sudden “resurrection”.

It is reported that Ncube was pronounced dead by elderly people from the village and villagers gathered at his homestead for his funeral wake.

“Relatives and friends from other places were phoned and told about the death. As you know that in rural areas dead bodies are not kept for long, the plan was to bury Ncube the following day.

“Villagers gathered and to their surprise during the night, they saw the corpse fidgeting and when they checked, they found his eyes wide open.

“They then checked his pulse and realised that he was indeed back to life,” said one villager who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Ncube came back to life in the wee hours of the following day, but it reportedly took him time to be able to utter a word.

“Shocked by the incident, villagers waited anxiously to hear what had transpired. Ncube then narrated his ordeal of being chased from the world of the dead.

“He said that when he met his dead wife, she asked him about her ancestral regalia and after telling her that it was at his home, she was not amused and sent him back to take the clothes to her home in Filabusi,” said the villager.

The village head William Ncube confirmed the incident.

“The elders declared Bongani dead and when he woke up he talked about his late wife’s issue and we had to travel by night to Filabusi to surrender the late MaNdlela’s ancestral regalia,” said village head Ncube.

The bedridden Ncube revealed that he was shocked when he woke up and found people gathered at his homestead.

“When I woke up, I was shocked to find people gathered at my homestead. I am really sick. It was just dark,” said the ailing Ncube while struggling with his speech.

Ncube’s grandmother Maggy Ncube said she could not narrate what transpired, but villagers have been taking turns to monitor the situation since the incident.

“I cannot explain what happened, but he is still seriously sick as you can see. Since that day, villagers are keeping us company,” said Maggy Ncube.

However, she was reluctant to shed more light on the issue of the late daughter-in-law’s ancestral regalia.