Industrial alcohol

Industrial alcohol is the in thing!

IT seems the craze of drug alcohol and substances of abuse will never end, as day by day new innovations of getting high cheaper are being designed.

Industrial alcohol is distilled ethyl alcohol (C2H5OH), normally of high proof, produced and sold for other than beverage purposes. It is usually distributed in the form of pure ethyl alcohol, completely denatured alcohol, specially denatured alcohol and solvent blends. Pure ethyl alcohol is used in laboratories and in industry for its sanitising, cleaning and solvent properties.

Many medicines, food products, flavourings and cosmetics are made with ethyl alcohol. It is also used to process vaccines, syrups, tinctures, liniments and antiseptics and in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals such as chloroform and barbiturates. It may be used in the production of adhesives, cosmetics, detergents, explosives, inks, hand cream, plastics and textiles.

Industrial spirits often have similar properties to alcohol and are chemically similar to drinking alcohol. However, these other types of alcohol may cause a person to become violently ill, damage vital organs or become unconscious when consumed. Industrial spirits should never be ingested under any circumstance. Many industrial spirits have colours or bitter tasting additives that are designed to make them unpalatable or unappealing.

Deterrents do not stop some people from trying these chemicals as a way to get drunk. The risks associated with drinking these chemicals are outweighed by the potential for getting high or euphoric. Some may believe that the adverse reactions that the chemicals cause to the body will not affect them. Others say they live in places where access to alcohol is difficult or too expensive so they will use these other spirits to feed their addiction.

Methanol is an incredibly dangerous and potentially life-threatening spirit that causes high toxicity in humans if ingested. Methanol can cause damage to the optic nerve and may cause permanent blindness. This chemical is very similar to ethanol (drinking alcohol) and is light, colourless and flammable. When first ingested methanol causes a range of adverse symptoms which include headaches, nausea, lack of co-ordination, depression, confusion and unconsciousness. In large doses methanol can cause death. Secondary symptoms can take up to 30 hours after ingesting to occur and include blurring and loss of vision, respiratory depression and acidosis.

Methylated spirit are dangerous chemicals that may be consumed by some people as a substitute spirit. Also known as denatured alcohol, methylated spirit is pure alcohol with additives that are bad tasting, poisonous or change the colour of the alcohol. It is not a chemically altered ethanol molecule rather a mixture of chemicals. Methylated spirits are used as a solvent, for fuel and other industrial uses. It can cause blindness or death if it contains methanol.

Most of our youths are having methylated spirit as their get high legal drug, they either mix it with a coke or a sprite or lemonade to get rid of the funny taste. Others light it up and quickly put off the flame and drink it.

For more information and help contact 00263772399734 or email mthae4jesus@gmail.com